This program is designed to raise awareness within orphans, their families and communities on the issue of HIV/AIDS and Malaria. It uses the Outreach approach in delivering the information about the problems of Malaria and HIV/AIDS.
This Outreach Health Program is designed to raise awareness within children, their families and communities on the issue of HIV and Malaria. It uses the Outreach approach in delivering the information about the problem of that disease.
It is a mobile program that will be providing education to all target groups to where they are. It will also be responsible for linking up people to organizations that are dealing with Malaria & HIV in order to receive their services. In the provision of HIV/AIDS and Malaria education Together IQ will collaborate with these organizations to provide suitable education for the benefits of these target groups. Every year the program will hold at least 7 awareness events.
- This program aim to improve the health, social, behavioral needs and well-being of children aged 5 – 18 years. We work alongside the general practice team, offering a home visit to understand needs, provide information and link family, and agencies for ongoing support.
How It Works
- Visiting the family and provide the mosquito nets
- Supporting and educating about the importance of right services to children’s.
- Make contact to arrange a time to visit and listen to the family and together explore what could help.
- Orphans and vulnerable children in Tanzania who have no access to education (development) services due to poverty and other reasons will have access to these services. These orphans and vulnerable children will be identified both from the streets of Kilimanjaro and Arusha
- Orphans and vulnerable children who have no access to Non-Formal Education classes (MEMKWA) have access to it through this project by using both Street, Institutional and Community based approaches. This project initiate Non Formal classes on the streets and at residential care centre and will be referring children with this need in communities of Kilimanjaro to already initiated Non formal classes in these communities.
- Boys and girls on the streets whose positive strengths and skills related to survival and informal income generation remain unarticulated and unrecognized by mainstream society will have an opportunity through both street, institutional and community based approaches by being provided with Street Business Education, tailoring and computer knowledge and skills.
- Vulnerable children in Tanzania who are subjected to wide and extreme violations of their rights will be disengaged from these situations through their participation in this
This program intends to work with 50 families of vulnerable children and youth with the purpose of improving their economic bases. This will be achieved through mobilizing these families to form their own economic support groups, training them in small business entrepreneurships and linking them to credit shops for loans. It will provide more opportunities to women as one of the ways of empowering women in rural areas, thereby also empowering the sustainability of many families as women are the pillars of many families.
We intend to build a school in village and start to enroll children from poor families as well as supporting them to get all basic needs